Topic: Citizen Science, We want to know! We all are research!
Speaker: Ing. Mike Zwingl, OE3MZC
Location: Vienna 1060, Eisvogelgasse 4/3 (1st floor), ÖVSV National Association
When: Thursday 12.01.2023 7 pm
Scientific projects with the help of interested amateurs.
- Report observations, perform automated measurements,
Forward data for analysis and store in database.
- Research of animal migration, hail, lightning, tornado, water levels,
radioactivity, seismology, classic weather data, and movements of all kinds.
- Simple reception systems with SDR technology, GPS-supported, on many sites,
many hands & brains and
- Use of wireless communication on free frequencies in ISM, CB, PMR and amateur radio bands.
- Wireless communication via free resilient citizen networks which are also sustainable in emergency/cat situations (HAMNET, MeshCom, LoRaAPRS).
- Communication via satellites for space exploration, observations using radio astronomy, observations of anomalies in the ionosphere.
- Use existing know-how of analog and digital radio technology, and of radio networks (HAMNET) to explore new things together.
- Positive impact in society leads to recognition in authorities and politics.
- Funding for projects, sites, antennas, frequencies.
Link to the video: Citizen Science, We want to know! We are all research!
Link to the slides: Citizen Science - We want to know! We are all research!